panFora is a sophisticated web-based discussion forum software used to build effective collaborations and virtual communities.
A powerful, flexible web server-based solution for building effective collaborations and virtual communities. panFora provides advanced web-based discussion forums, community announcements, and file sharing - all fully integrated in a customizable web-portal.
Use for internet and intranet online communities, product support, distance learning - nearly any kind of interactive online applications you can imagine.
panFora Etymology - The name panFora derives from:
- clean and efficient navigation using a multi-framed/windowed approach (just like desktop applications such as Outlook and Eudora email).
- a traditional web single-frame layout available as a user option.
- the exclusive "you-are-here" feature to keep the user from becoming lost while following a thread of discussion.
- a complete web-based interface for configuration, administration and maintenance.
- an embedded database to make installation fast and easy (no database administrator required).
- a hierarchical topic structure.
- announcements by groups.
- user-initiated email notifications.
- the ability to upload and share documents.
- context sensitive help everywhere.
- auto-correcting, and safe HTML filtering in message posts.
- ... and much more
- All (panorama)
- All of or the union of a group (Pan-Hellenic)
- General/whole (panleukopenia), and
- the correct English plural, from the Latin plural, of Forum.