What is the process to set up panFora? What do you have to do, and what do I have to do?
You can have your panFora set and running very quicly. Below are the steps you need to follow:
I downloaded panFora LITE and I received a "temporary" license, valid only for 14 days. What does that mean?
- You will register for your free license,
- You will download the panFora distribution file for your server platform,
- wiTHinc will send you the requested license key via email
- You will install the panFora software on your server machine (typically 10-20 minutes)
When prompted in the installation process, you will
- either enter the license key information you received from wiTHinc via email to enable your FREE panFora LITE, or
- enter no license key to enable the FREE fully featured panFora EVAL (valid for 45 days).
To receive your permanent license (*) you need to:
(*) Each License Key is only valid for the IP address of your designated web server.
- provide your server IP Address.
- Do this at any time by clicking the Members link above.
It is perfectly OK if you have not decided on the server's exact or final IP address.
Upon download, you will receive a temporary license key that is valid for 14 days at any IP address. The temporary license allows you to install and enjoy the full capability of your panFora purchase without delay.
Then at your leisure, with your confirmed customer account login information and your server's intended IP address, you can request a purchased license key at the wiTHinc website.
Installation of the purchased license key will enable you to fully utilize your panFora without further time restraints. If you have reason to move your web server to a different ip address, you may return to the wiTHinc website to request issuance of a new license key.
How much time does it take to set-up and moderate panFora? Does it require training? Who organizes my group for me? Does my group of users need training?
Setting up a new panFora forum can take as little as a few seconds (select a type of forum, fill in the name and email address information for the primary forum administrator). The panFora forum is ready to go. However, there are many features and customizations you may want to tweak and customize for your forum. This may take longer.
Can I make my forum private (password protected)?
You can also choose different levels of privacy (*):
(*) To further customize the level of privacy in your Forum, go to the Administrators Menu to select " Setup>Forum>Edit Configuration>General Configuration".
- Private Forum, allows only registered users to access the Forum.
- Public - Read Only Forum, allows limited Guest access (Guests can view Forum content, but are not allowed to post or reply to messages).
- Public Forum allows access to non-registered users.
I've tested my new panFora installation. Now how do I clear out the test posts?
Go to the Administrators Menu to select "Delete Messages". Then select the message posts you want to delete.
How do I submit a question?
Just ask us and your question will be posted automatically on the Tech Support Forum, where our staff will get to it asap.
View your question on the Tech Support Forum.